Windows office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hello everyone

i'm having a bit of a problem with outlook express 2007 mainly, it has copyed all the infomation for the e-mail from the old version (2003) and it can send but not recive e-mails where the old one (still on the pc) can send and receve

any one know how to sort this

Double check your settings manually. Something with your incoming server is wrong. My guess is the port, when copying the old settings sometimes the port numbers get overlooked - double check those.

the ppop3 server is using 110 which is right and the smpt server is using 25 which is right

this pop's up every time i open it
pass.jpg

all the settings are in order apart from this screen

Did you check your incoming server setting. You should have an area where you select something like POP3, IMAP, or http and ad your server there. This is what tells you where to pull email from. That is you are on a home pc and not a work running a microsoft exchange.

That shouldn't say null in the server name box.

the account settings have the option to set the incoming mail server settings which are set pop.ntlworld.com (which my isp gave me) and i can not change the NULL in the pic

i've just got a error telling me the server rejected the login spa and to cheack my settings

Hello,

There is no such thing as Outlook Express 2007. There is Outlook 2007 but there is only Outlook Express 6. Unless you are on Vista which it is then Windows Mail.

The outgoing server shoudl be set to 995 with SSL encryption on. Incoming should be 465 with SSL on. This is used for GMail. Now is this a GMail account or a ISP account?

Cheers,
Mak

^ my mistake the outlook came with the 2007 office suite

the account is a isp account my nan gets it though virgin media, former ntl

i'll try the settings posted this thursday coming and post if it went though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom