Windows Office 2003 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Windows Office 2003

Hi, was wondering what advantages are their to Upgrade to Windows Office 2003 Pro from Win Office 2000.

I have heard it is alot quicker and the new Outlook is highly recommended for business.

How many computers can i install in on if i buy a legal copy?

Thanks for any feedback.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to mre30

I like the layout of 2003 I use it at home and work I say it is more for business but it is alot quicker to load and some more items to mess around with if

Old 09-24-2004, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

Well, for the real scoop on all the new features, i'd definately point you towards the Microsoft Office website.

Still, the new collaboration tools are sweet, and the who office package has been slimmed down to run faster and more efficiently. Plus Outlook is better (keeps things organized better).

As for how many installtions of it you can have, I don't know. Depends on what restrictions MS put on the copy of Office you buy. Some licenses won't let you register more than two or three installations. If you get an educational version, it's usually only 1 or 2 seats.

And what do you mean "if you buy"...? Don't go there...

Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Old 09-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

Well, there is a very different interface. The flow with 2003 works much more smoothly. They've also added a big spam filter with 2003. Some of the other things that I like about it are the alert system (they've enhanced it a lot.) And now you can view multiple calanders on one page! I like that a lot!!

Closed Thread