windows nt page fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitesh0528

In Runtime
when i go to boot up my machine i get a black screen that says page fault and then a bunch of 000000000hardware profile/good configuration
then some more numbers
does anyone know how to fix this

If you can post the whole thing, that would be helpfull. It's got details of where the problem was. Then we might be able to help...

What were you doing w/ your pc before this error occurred? Install any new hardware/software? change any settings? And you're seriously running NT 4.0 at home??? If this is a work PC, are you connected on a LAN? Clarify.

ya this is a work pc and it is connected to a lan
well i didnt do anything but the person couldnt get it to shutdown properly so they just cut the power to it while it was running

Hitesh0528 said:
ya this is a work pc and it is connected to a lan
well i didnt do anything but the person couldnt get it to shutdown properly so they just cut the power to it while it was running

Ughhh..... Sometimes that can be a total PITA to fix.

If you have the NT 4.0 Workstation CD, boot your PC with it and click on the Repair option; then click on the Insepct Registry files. It'll ask you if you have an ERD (emergency repair disk) if you don't have one, press Esc, then you'll see another menu screen asking you what you want to repair, choose the SYSTEM registry file.

If you don't have the CD, there are other ways you could fix this, but it's beyond my help. Ask one of the moderators to help you further.

By "the person" I'm going to assume a tech. You might be better to let them deal with this as it is going to vary on what options you have based on how your environment is configured.

The best thing in a case like this would be to boot up with the WIN2k cd and run checkdisk, but that needs admin creds and you might not have that. Also there are tools to help you. But I would suspect that this is more like you wanting to get your data back, and that can be done by simply slaving that drive off on another computer and then moving the files out to a new location\machine.
Honestly, NT4 is pretty crappy to work on now, but it's not impossible to fix. You can also use safemode booting to see if it's driver related. Also could be related to a corrupt registry, hard reboots can cause such things. Which in NT4 is not likely to get recovered anyway.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom