Windows not loading properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gannon

Beta member
Ok a friend has a problem and asked to post this here for him.

When he switches on, after the e-machines loading screen, a black screen appears with white writing, Basicly it says that there was some kind or error* and there are around 5-6 Options he could choose to click on like "Run windows normal", he has has clicked on each of these and it shows the "windows" screen with the little tool thing at the bottom loading, then it switches off, and comes back to that screen.

Also tried pressing f8 to try to start in safe mode but nothing happens.

*The error message says that it could of been because of a recent hardware change or power faliure and that both of these havent happened.
But not sure if the pc was turned off correctly last time by his sister.

Also has no windows disks available. He is running Windows XP sp2.

If any more info is needed then I will try to find it out. Hope you can help, Thanks.

~Phil

Gannon,

You need windows XP disc to start off with. Might be some corruption with the system files. Or, has he added any extra hardware recently? Check the data cables of the hard disk too.

codes:)

When did he load sp2? how long was sp2 on the machine. there are still alot of bugs with sp2 and can cause all kinds of havok on some machines. I see them all day at my shop.

Thanks for the replies.

Im sure he loaded sp2 on about 3/4 weeks ago, had a bit of trouble with it I think, but I'm sure he solved the problem. Not 100% on this as I wont be able to speak to him till Monday..

Also if he gets a Xp disc (where could he get one), what should he do? Reload everything from DOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom