Windows not letting me use sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeremy said:
EricB, pc info softwares like everest cant possibly determine that info if the driver is not installed

in everest get into motherboard-->motherboard
look in "motherboard name" and report back or take a screenshot and ill get you a link to the audio driver , theres a chance you downloaded the wrong one

yes it can. he must have the wrong driver installed.

I'm lazy. when I install windows on a new computer. the first thing that I do is install everest because I don't feel like taking the cover off to looking at chipset so I can download drivers. after everest name them, I start looking for drivers.

everest will name all drivers. they won't recognize a chipset if you install the wrong driver

your user account have admin rights? maybe it got something to do with it , also have you or havnt you tried what i alredy suggested above i mean these
"maybe its not enabled in the bios? check it out , if it is enabled in the bios then i suggest youll uninstall the sound driver then install the chipset driver and the sound driver after it"

post a picture of your realtek sound manger or nvidia or windows

realtek.jpg

winsound.jpg

jeremy said:
his motherboad is intel chipset based not nvidia , downloading nforce drivers make no sense

anyway what about what i alredy suggested which is uninstalling the sound driver and installing the chipset driver after and then reinstall the sound driver

my bad.

I thought all dfi boards use nvidia's chipset. mine does. I missed my own dfi link.

I'm thinking that he has something muted somewhere

no you shouldnt , its not compatible with your motherboard cuz it wasnt designed for it (your motherboard is intel chipset based not nvidias)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom