Windows Networking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuaibao

In Runtime
Hi,
I have a problem with windows networking components. I recently connected to my campus network, (MIT) I was able to connect through my integrated wireless, but when I got home, I tried to connect to my network it said "Limited or no connectivity," and no, before you ask, I was not far away from the router. Aggrevated, I tested my ethernet, and it came up with the same error, "Limited or no connectivity." By now I'm really ****ed cause I really needded to get online for my job. No, trying "Repair" did NOT work. My IP Address when I tried to connect was somthin like 254.169.somthin.somthin. , I can't quite remember what it was ( botom line:I'm to **** lazy to turn on my comp and find out) I recently was able to get somewhere though, After extensive googling of my prob, I found some guy with a pretty much identical prob. they said that this prob is specific to campus networks. It was because it installs "ipv6" onto your computer. Can someone please help/diagnose my problem... you are forever in my debt - dave.

It doesn't matter if your network card is installed with IPv6, just as long as it has IPv4 so it's compatible with your home network. I'm pretty sure you're not getting an IP address from the DHCP server on the router, that's what the 169.254.X.X IP is for after it doesn't find a DHCP server. Your router might have DHCP disable or you might be connected to another neighbor's router. Make sure you are actually trying to connect to your own router, check the “View Available Wireless Network” and see.

You might as well assign the address manually yourself, just name the brand and model and I'll tell you how to get back on the router configuration unless you just want to go ahead and reset the router. At least provide us with more information. And this belongs in the networking section anyways.

A wireless network that installs something on your computer, especially without the users consent is an unsecured network. I doubt MIT would do such a thing.

you can unistall both network drivers and reboot both of the computers. that's the quickest way

rigth click you wireless network driver in network connections first and select properties and make sure that there isn't any bs attached. uninstall it if it is

Netre.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom