Windows Movie Maker. How can I transfer to another computer WITH the pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
So I'm making a slideshow that's about 16 minutes long. It contains a slew of pictures and a few video fragments too. I did this on my laptop, which is running XP Pro SP2. I have a shared folder on my laptop that I have mapped on my desktop, also running XP Pro SP2. Due to the fact my desktop is primarily Linux, I don't have my 14 gig worth of random pictures on my Windows partition on the desktop that would be included in the actual slideshow.

Well, a friend is coming over later to help me out with it and I would prefer working on it on my big screen for my desktop as opposed to my laptop, however when I transfer the file-in-progress over (the video is not finalized) all of the pictures come up as red X's.

How can I transfer the "in progress" file of movie maker over ALONG with all of the data in the collections folder so I can resume construction of this show on my desktop?

yes sir. as a matter of fact export it now as a avi or wmv then copy the file over and import it back into movie maker on the new computer

Would you by chance have an explanation as to why movie maker locks up every 5 minutes and forces me to quit and reopen it?

I gotta admit, this is training me to constantly save my data. Every little change I make I'm hitting CTRL S. But... the training is getting old now. Now I just want the darn program to work. In fact, as I type this I'm letting movie maker go for a couple minutes hoping it somehow works again so I don't have to end the non responding process AGAIN.

edit

ITS A NEW RECORD! MOVIE MAKER LASTED 15 MINUTES!

I posted this response @ 1:10
It's 1:25. It froze again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom