Windows media player and winamp..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
ok mates got a little problem which i cant get my head around! when she rips music from a cd in media player she said she can only play the ripped files in media player, not in winamp? ive talked her through right clicking and "open with" and selecting winamp to always play these files etc but she said it still dont work? why not? i can rip music from windows media and play with winamp no probs at all.

any ideas

the new version of win amp can't read wma protected audio, because everybody use to use the older versions as a hack (with the output stacker .dll) to convert protected wma files to mp3

other than that win amp can read everything else

tell her to rip it as mp3

Just had a look in my windows media player rip settings and its set to rip as windows media audio and like i said my winamp plays them no problem, infact after ive ripped anything the file is a winamp one without me even doing anything, this is why im not sure whats happening at my mates end, everythings default here so hers should work aswell.

Maybe ill get her to download the latest version of winamp because i dout she has it and then ill get her to try agian and if that doesnt work ill make her change the rip settings in media player.

Thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom