Windows Media Player Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryker82

Solid State Member
My Windows Media Player no longer plays/rips CDs. I put in a CD and i get an error (see attachment). I have no idea why I am getting this error, one day it worked, and then I get this error every time I put a CD in. I get the error every time i put a cd in, wether it's my DVD drive (D: ) or the CD burner drive (E: )

My Winamp also won't play CDs... I put a cd in and WMP opens and gives me the error, so i Explore the cd drive and select every track and then Open with winamp and they dont play, it will show like one song with something like 412:34 or some random big number as the track lenght lol...

Sorry for double post. I need this bumped, I desperately need my WMP to work! O_O

That is WMP 10... That was the first thing i did, I rolled back to WMP 9, and then i uninstalled that. I also uninstalled everything in the Add/Remove programs list that had something to do with WMP in the name...

So i did all this, and then installed WMP 10, and i still get the same error, it's quite a piss off.

How do i check my device manager for ( ! )'s ?

Only reason it sounds like hardware is :

"I get the error every time i put a cd in, wether it's my DVD drive (D: ) or the CD burner drive (E: ) "

What if its another kind of cd?
Does it still error out when you put in a OS disk ?

Er, i didn't mean any CD, i meant music CDs... Wether they're burnt, or actual CDs, WMP comes up and gives me this error. I'll try the device manager thing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom