windows media player not launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

kad

Beta member
hello

i have: win xp sp2 with all latest security patches. i recently upgraded to WMP 10 and now WMP does not launch at all. ive tried uninstalling from add/remove programs and reinstalling, i have deleted the windows media player from the hard drive in safe mode and reinstalled WMP 9, i have deleted windows media player 10 after clicking "show updates", and i have tried a system restore at the point just before WMP 10 was installed. none worked.

any help is appreciated. i have searched for help on the web and i have posted this problem in other forums...nothing has worked yet. i want WMP 9 back....why is this so hard?

thanks in advance....kad

Hmm... weird problem. I would suggest you to download a new copy of the windows media player 10 from the source site[microsoft] and install it again.

I had a problem with WMP 10 , i downloaded the english version, but it showed all greek , cant even change the language. I downloaded again, another pack, and it worked great. btw, no big difference between wmp9 and wmp 10.[more bugs i guess in the new version :D ]

Sign
Intercodes

kad said:
hello

i have: win xp sp2 with all latest security patches. i recently upgraded to WMP 10 and now WMP does not launch at all. ive tried uninstalling from add/remove programs and reinstalling, i have deleted the windows media player from the hard drive in safe mode and reinstalled WMP 9, i have deleted windows media player 10 after clicking "show updates", and i have tried a system restore at the point just before WMP 10 was installed. none worked.

any help is appreciated. i have searched for help on the web and i have posted this problem in other forums...nothing has worked yet. i want WMP 9 back....why is this so hard?

thanks in advance....kad

Uninstall sp2 then reinstall wmp 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom