windows media player not launching - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
kad
Newb Techie

Default windows media player not launching

hello

i have: win xp sp2 with all latest security patches. i recently upgraded to WMP 10 and now WMP does not launch at all. ive tried uninstalling from add/remove programs and reinstalling, i have deleted the windows media player from the hard drive in safe mode and reinstalled WMP 9, i have deleted windows media player 10 after clicking "show updates", and i have tried a system restore at the point just before WMP 10 was installed. none worked.

any help is appreciated. i have searched for help on the web and i have posted this problem in other forums...nothing has worked yet. i want WMP 9 back....why is this so hard?

thanks in advance....kad

Old 11-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to intercodes

Hmm... weird problem. I would suggest you to download a new copy of the windows media player 10 from the source site[microsoft] and install it again.

I had a problem with WMP 10 , i downloaded the english version, but it showed all greek , cant even change the language. I downloaded again, another pack, and it worked great. btw, no big difference between wmp9 and wmp 10.[more bugs i guess in the new version ]

Sign
Intercodes

Old 11-05-2004, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
kad
Newb Techie

still not working
Old 11-05-2004, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: windows media player not launching

Quote:
Originally posted by kad
hello

i have: win xp sp2 with all latest security patches. i recently upgraded to WMP 10 and now WMP does not launch at all. ive tried uninstalling from add/remove programs and reinstalling, i have deleted the windows media player from the hard drive in safe mode and reinstalled WMP 9, i have deleted windows media player 10 after clicking "show updates", and i have tried a system restore at the point just before WMP 10 was installed. none worked.

any help is appreciated. i have searched for help on the web and i have posted this problem in other forums...nothing has worked yet. i want WMP 9 back....why is this so hard?

thanks in advance....kad
Uninstall sp2 then reinstall wmp 9
Closed Thread

« Help!!!!! | Rundll »