Windows Media player help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Question Windows Media player help

Everytime I put in a DVD it says this to me, "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

How can I fix this. Also my color is way off, it looks bad when playing video files.

Capitol-College '2014
M.S. in Information Assurance
North Carolina A&T State University '2011
B.S. in Computer Science
Old 07-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: Windows Media player help

Which version of WMP are you running if you have XP there? WMP 9 sadly lacks just like the previous versions for codecs. The best for XP is WMP 10 that will play dvds as well as various video file types. You just have to keep saying no for the auto update for 11.

The color problems may simply be a need to go for the updated drivers for the video card you have. The 1280x1024 or 1024x768 desktop resolution is advised for WMP playback not 1440x900 or others higher depending on video type.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules