Windows Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat_Me

Beta member
I'm having a problem playing my Xvid files on WMP 10 or even 9. Before I describe it, I know so many would say use vlc or bsplayer but I really love WMP and if this problem is fixed I would be really happy.

Here it is: When I add a two cd movie (two video files) in my playlist, and start playing the first cd, everything looks fine, but when the second cd starts playing, colors become brighter and the quality is not as good as the firt cd. If I play the cd2 alone it's as good as cd1, so I know for sure that the problem is not from the file itself.

I have tried so many things to fix this problem but nothing worked (updated video drivers, updated WMP, istalled all sorts of fixes and patches, changed settings under performance) nothing helped. I noticed one thing though, when I uncheck use overlays under performance, and play any file, the qulity becomes the same as i have described before. But when I restore default settings, the quality is back to normal. Conclusion, it's like WMP when it finishes playing the first cd and starts cd2, it auto switches the use overlays option off (the option is still checked though). So if I go back to performance, uncheck, apply, recheck, apply, it goes back to normal. REALLY STRANGE.

Please if you have any idea how to fix the problem let me know.

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB.
Drivers: Catalyst 6.3
Codecs: Kopei's Xvid latest unstable, (already tried stable but still the same) - AC3.

Thank you.

Have you tried the K-Lite codec pack? That has all sorts of codecs including the xvid ones. It should allow you to watch those files on WMP.

Still doesn't work, I'm pretty sure it's something that has to do with the ATI drivers but I could be wrong.

try matroska pack. or use vivo from ati, which use the hardware to process video instead of software.

I tried to find some info about vivo but I still can't tell what it is exactly. Is it a hardware or software? And where can I get it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom