Windows Media Player 11 for XP Release Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The Hotfix have recently just posted an article revealing some exciting information, read below for the full post.

"I have some information about release dates on WMP 11 for XP that no one else has. This info was obtained from a Microsoft employee who I can't name but was able to give me this info. If you know other MS employees, they may be able to confirm this info by digging a little bit through Microsoft's internal knowledge base (employees only)

Microsoft is planning a Public Preview Beta of Windows Media Player 11 for XP on Wednesday, May 17th.

The final RTM release is scheduled for late June 06 (I will try this week to get a date)."

Here is a list of features that will and will not be in the XP version:

Features in WMP 11 for XP (June 06):

* New UI
* Support for better synchronization for portable devices
* Album “stacks” of album art
* Indexed libraries with search-as-you-type features
* User controlled downgrade of quality for DRM content to allow for smaller files
* DRM content will contain metadata that shows what the user is allowed to do with the file
* Includes Microsoft and MTVÂ’s Urge music store

To see the full expected feature list for WMP11 for Vista, view the entire article by clicking read more.

http://www.thehotfix.net/comments.php?catid=1&shownews=211

ive seen information like this posted in a techrepublic article. exclusive, my ***.

none the less i'll prolly be updating soon after release. i use wmp for most of my media playing needs.

Only days after revealing that WMP11 XP would in fact be released for public preview on May 17th, it has very recently leaked onto the net.

Few have actually installed the build so it is not yet known whether all expected features are there, we will keep you up to date as more news arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom