Windows Media Player 11 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
I have service pack 3 (the leaked download from April/May) and I think it's causing problems with Windows media player 11.

I downloaded WMP11, and when I go to install it, it tells me to update my Windows XP to update roll up 2.

Help?

Hello,

SP3 is available for free from Microsoft. Get rid of the junk version you have and get the real version. Until then there is nothing we can say. Yeah you are running a Beta version and yeah it is known to have bugs. Guess this is one of them.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

SP3 is available for free from Microsoft. Get rid of the junk version you have and get the real version. Until then there is nothing we can say. Yeah you are running a Beta version and yeah it is known to have bugs. Guess this is one of them.

Cheers,
Mak

I would love to go back to service pack 2, but when I tried to go back to it, it screwed things up MASSIVELY.

Hello,

Sorry to say but you dont have much of a choice. This is what happens when you use leaked material that is not fully tested. So either you can try a restore point, repair install or just flat out format and start over. There is no way for us to help you fix this as you are using a Leaked Beta version of SP3 and it is not supported.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Sorry to say but you dont have much of a choice. This is what happens when you use leaked material that is not fully tested. So either you can try a restore point, repair install or just flat out format and start over. There is no way for us to help you fix this as you are using a Leaked Beta version of SP3 and it is not supported.

Cheers,
Mak

Yes, I understand that.

Now, I would like to go back to service pack 2, but I don't know how to uninstall SP3. I've looked in add/remove programs, but it doesn't seem to be there, even with "Show updates" checked.

Hello,

If it isnt in the Add/Remove Programs then there is no way to go back. That is where it should be.

removesp3.png

As shown there highlighted. So your only option is to format.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

If it isnt in the Add/Remove Programs then there is no way to go back. That is where it should be.

removesp3.png

As shown there highlighted. So your only option is to format.

Cheers,
Mak

that option is not my list so I guess that's unfortunate. Anyway, like you've seen in my other thread, I plan on getting Vista some time so it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom