Windows Media Player 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_R.

In Runtime
Hey everyone,
I´m cleaning up my music library at the moment, but if I hit "find Album Info" for every Album it does not always find the correct album info or the cover is missing, is there a better service, which I can integrate into WMP?

Thx in advance for your help.

Regards,
Michael

Nothing that integrates into WMP no. But you can try iTunes or Musicmatch.

eh I don't know...it's not perfect but it can find junk I wouldn't expect it to find. albums from the 30s-50s...I listen to bigband, mel torme, dean martin, doris day :p

yeah, that as well, sometimes I just try one **** unknown album and it finds it including cover.

But then again, it hasn´t the covers of some Red Hot Chilli Peppers albums, for example^^

The database is from user input. So yeah it wont heave every CD known to man on there. I have at least 50 CD's if not more from my collection of 500 that it doesnt have. Yet i dont say a word. Why? Cause i know that most of the albums are not mainstream nor would they be submitted by anyone unless i did it. Which i have.

So use Google Images to find hte CD and use something like VH1 to get teh song titles then submit this info the the Media Guide and allow for other users to get the info.

This is all done by people like you and me. Since many of the people use iPods and itunes the support for WMP has gone down hill. I have submitted well over 200 CD albums to this effort.

Unfortunately it isnt. Would be nice but the truth is there is no way for M$ to keep up on it. I mean with the constant development going on there for XP SP3, Vista SP1, Server 2008 among other things. There is no way for M$ to allow people to work on something like this.

It would be nice but this is a community project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom