windows media edition problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

Baseband Member
downloaded it there for my personal pc and it installed ok but internet explorer hasnt installed on it properly therefor im not able to connect to the internet (currently on my other pc now) anyone now how to get around this and i have burnt a disk with i.e 7 exe file to a data disk and tried but u have to be connected to the internet to install it... it seems i should have just stuvk to xp pro anyway of getting round this are even delating this operating system from my pc when i also try to install xp pro back it says it cant as there is a newer version already on my pc

scratch disc or cheap cd rom. upgrade it from the mce file that is on your hdd

when i try to open it it says which file do u want to open this with and gives a list of options like notepad lol

i cant download firefox and all if i cant acsess the internet in the first place and plus since i wiped the pc i need to install the bt broadband modem etc again and it needs at least i.e 6 to install

i think iv found the problem i tried to reinstall again and it prompted it needed xp cd 2 which i have i then inserted and it asked me for i386 file which is an important file iv im not mistking so obviously my cd didnt contain it

is there any way of me getting this?

I already told you the problem. windows didn't copy all of the files during installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom