windows media center

Status
Not open for further replies.

plus

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have been reading up on this operating system and it looks like what i'm looking for.

One thing I want to make sure is will I be able to play the latest games just like I would if I had Windows XP? Say Call of duty 2.

Also I want to get the ATI X1800XL All in Wonder so I can record things off tv. Will this be a good combination? Because the all in wonder can do most of what the media center can do. Will there be some kind of conflict?

Thanks.

plus

Mce is the same as xp pro with some extras. you can do everything that xp pro (except domains, you need to modify a few files to do that). get a capture card that will work with MCE (ati do make some)

Oh great thats good to hear then. I just had a look and the ATI X1800XL All in Wonder is compatible with MCE.

I'm just wondering if it's worth getting MCE seeing as the ATI X1800XL All in Wonder software bundle kinda does the same thing. Or am I wrong there?

Anyone had an ATI X1800XL All in Wonder card to tell me?

Ok thanks. Whats this supposed to mean though:

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is only available pre-installed on computers sold by PC manufacturers. You can purchase a PC with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 pre-installed at retail consumer electronic stores, direct from PC manufacturers, or through online consumer electronics Web sites.

I got that from microsoft.com. I'm actually building the computer so does that make me screwed? I found a Microsoft Windows Media Centre OEM CD on dabs.com. But it's way cheaper then even XP Home edition. This can't be right, can it?

Would you get the OEM CD? Or just leave it and get XP Home.

Brilliant! So getting MCE OEM shouldn't be a problem then.

Thanks a lot for your help ericb. I am going to order it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom