Windows ME and Linux dualboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
Linux has lately driven me crazy.

how do i set my computer to dualboot WindowsME and Linux particularly Redhat Linux 8? is there also a functional freeware out there that can do the job?

kindly post a step-by-step instruction on how to do so.

U can simply use LILO from within' linux.... .. Else u can use the easiest way with XOSL

XOSL supports over 30 OS's in 1 drive :p

I have a windows machine which currently has a dual boot setup of windows 2000 server and Linux RH 8.0 on it. What I did is wipe the windows os clean, installed windows 2000 server using xx amount of drive space (not the maximum but a good amount of space left to do what ever) and used the rest of drive space for Linux RH 8.0.

I have no probs with either OS's. It's worked great.

but i dont like to repartition my hard drive again using fdisk. such a destructive thingy from MS. i want to keep my existing hard drive partition and repartition it without affecting Windows. is that possible?

Ur earlier post wasn't clear ... I thought u had already done with installing linux ...
Herez how u do non destructive partitioning

Ranish Partition Manager is by far one of the best freeware partitionig tools i've ever used ... I've been using it from it's beta stages ..n' it's great.
Anywayz .. Download it..

1. Defragment your disk.
2. Run partition manager and change partition size in TWO places: partition table and boot record(you get there when you press Enter). Make sure the size does not drop below minimum partition size.
3. Reboot computer and run SCANDISK to check for errors / adjust FAT-32 free space.
4. Create new partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom