Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan11

Solid State Member
Is it anygood..
I believe its still on beta right?
Where can i get a preview on it?

thanks guys.

Actually, it's in Alpha. There is no official release, but if you look hard you can probably find leaks here and there.

And being in Alpha, it's not nearly stable. Originally, it's promises seem nice...but as they kept pushing the deadline, and cutting features (WinFS, a meta filesystem, was one of the two most hyped about new features...but now after pushing the release date two years, they can't even have that ready. I personally find that's it's beginning to look less and less appealing. Apple's OS X Panther already has a handful of the features Longhorn is supposed to have. It's fairly likely that Apple will have released two new updates to OS X by the time Longhorn comes out. It's definitely going to be an interesting time, 2006.

I got a copy last night from one of my coworker
I intend on installing it.. just to see what's news

thanks for the information =D

yea, that would be great, if you by chance have a big enough server or no of a place that would think theres a chance you could make an ISO of it an upload it if its not too much trouble? just a thought.

I had the ISO once. Of course, I'm sure there have been plenty of updates since I uninstalled it. It was WAY to slow on my P4 laptop. There are clearly going to be some high minimum specs. My graphics card seemed to have trouble handling it's basic video tasks (64 MB NVIDIA GeForce 4 440 Go). Also...it was VERY blue.

delldude4100 said:
blue as in .blue screen of deth right?

No...blue as in the theme. Background, top bars, menu bars, scrolling things...EVERYTHING. It's just like putting a blue filter on the screen. It's all BLUE! Not that I mind blue, it's just...a bit monotonous. And has a sort of shaded feel.

if ya'll are talking about illegal copies/iso's then this thread will be deleted immediately so watch what you say

--jak

it seems that Windows Longhorn need high requirements as it has a big advancement in the audio as well as the graphics.
however, just like mentioned above, they kept postponing the time to release the OS.Public may loss their confidence to the brand new OS.
but anyway, hopefully we can see something new from Microsoft in their effort to improve their WIndows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom