windows login

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunder85

Solid State Member
We have a laptop and for some reason it acts like it lost the password. Everytime we restart the laptop it asks for a login and password but it says it is wrong. it wont even let us into safe mode or command prompt without the password. The laptop worked fine until my boss changed the networking from Domain to WORKGROUP. If you need more info just let me know. and if you have any suggestions that would be great. thanks a lot.

Changing the domain shouldn't effect your usernames and passwords, unless your admin changed them or didn't carry them over. Check that they are correct first. Second, make sure you have the right permissions after the domain transfer.

As for changing domains to WORKGROUP, you could call TOWER Tech Support :) JK.

Make sure everything is set on the server, first. You may need an administrator to log into your machine first before the domain changes will take effect.

We figured it out. It was a visitors computer and she was telling us the wrong password. so that makes me mad for wasting all that time on a stupid thing like that, but i guess that is the business. thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom