Windows Loading Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, here's what's happening... Sometimes (seems to be about 50/50 chance of this happening), Windows will not fully boot. It will boot passed BIOS, and passed the Windows loading screen, but sometimes it'll just stick at the normal black screen that occurs between the loading logo/the log-in screen. I've waited for 10 minutes before for it to start up, and nothing. It just stays at that black screen. If I do a manual shut down from the black screen its stuckat (just hold the power button till it turns off) then turn it back on, it'll come up with a black screen and say "Windows did not load properly" or something of that sort. If I choose to boot into Windows normally, it'll normally work. Sometimes I've had to choose "Boot using last known working configuration," but I don't have to choose that often. Nothing hardware wise has changed, some software has changed (not exactly sure what has all changed....been a while since this problem has started..I've just been ignoring it xD). I scan nightly for viruses/spyware with Nod32/Spybot/ZoneAlarm's spyware scanner, and they're all clean.

Specs are in my sig, and I'm using Windows XP Home.

Start | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer. Clean out everything in Event Viewer and then restart the computer, hopefully it will give you the same problem. Then once you can get into Windows again, check Event Viewer and maybe it will show some type of error in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom