Windows Live Photo Gallery - Clearing Tag Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
I've only started using the tag function in the Photo Gallery today and I've made some mistakes while doing it. There is no way to remove the tag suggestions in the gallery itself, but I followed a 'work around' that requires editing the registry. This worked for some tags, but I still see some tag suggestions that was not present in the registry.

Any idea how to remove those?

The guide I followed can be found here.

Example of what I I'm talking about is:
(Click the picture for a bigger view)
You see "grenade"...tagging for game photos
Haha_emoticon_by_smiekie.gif
, anyways I mistakenly typed "gre" in the Photo Gallery and cannot find a way to remove it, because it's not in the registry
hmmm_by_Yo_Bonewire_Boy.gif

Couldnt you just use a photo tag software to remove it?

Never tried and didn't really cross my mind because I don't want to install a program just to remove the suggestion tags if that where you're getting at. Is there any other way otherwise I can try before going towards that as I just plan to use WPG to keep photos organized and not any 3rd party software.

There isnt any other way that i know of. The programs might not have to be installed. They could just be an executable. I know that my ID3Tag software for my MP3's is that way. I didnt have to install anything i just run it.

Ah kk, well I'll give it a shot later to see if I get a solution from any of those. Just to be clear, the tagging isn't the problem, neither is removing a tag; it's the auto-complete that gets to me as it records the mistake tags I made and I can't remove them. You think it's possible that tagging software can be the solution and I can go back to using WPG to organizing and tagging as usual?

Dont know. I havent tagged anything in Photo Gallery to know for sure. I dont really tag my photos since i have them sorted by folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom