Windows Live Messenger wont work! 8100030d

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get the same error message with ZoneAlarm even when I had msn under the permission. I only use AVG anti virus now and don't have a firewall.

Use Comodo firewall. Its free and one of the best rated, or so I've heard. I had ZA at one point...can't say that I liked it too well... Comodo I like tho.

Thanks. I might give it a try but I really doubt I'll get hacked these days.

:) With peter and nitestick around you must take every precaution, Tech-Forums members can be sneaky ;)

- Best to keep secure ;)

get an old stable version. 8.1.0178.00 is the last stable one that I know of

Problem with older versions of MSN is that they force you to upgrade to the newer version. And that really does suck because I have had issues with MSN as well and it's usually because I upgraded to the newer, (supposedly) better version. I prefer Yahoo.

It does seem very tempremental when you have to upgrade but so far, i'm using version 8.5.1302.1018 and have no issues since i upgraded...

Hasn't forced me to upgrade from 8.1 yet. The little update notification comes up in the bottom-right, but that's it.

Problem with older versions of MSN is that they force you to upgrade to the newer version. And that really does suck because I have had issues with MSN as well and it's usually because I upgraded to the newer, (supposedly) better version. I prefer Yahoo.

I have seen an upgrade yet. I emailed that specific version to lot of people that were having issues with newer versions

:) With peter and nitestick around you must take every precaution, Tech-Forums members can be sneaky ;)

- Best to keep secure ;)

haha yeah I downloaded it yesterday, seems to be good as long as it doesn't slow the comp down much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom