Windows Live Messenger - What I'm Listening to Doesn't Work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Osiris. Let me know how it works out!

Mak I guess they could have done something...But by the way, the feature used to work without the plus. I don't think MSN plus has anything to do with it.

So far it doesnt work without adding any scripts....its my default player, etc.

Now going to use a script...

It does work when using WMP but not ITunes

It works! I downloaded MSGPLUSLIVE

Then installed the script I asked if you downloaded and then loaded iTunes and it showed up.

itunes1.jpg

itunes2.jpg

Nice. Let me try it once more this evening and I'll let you know what happens. Do you have any settings made under the script preferences? Or did you just install it and it works straight away?

EDIT: I've tried it and unfortunately I have no luck. It works for you, but not for me. What can I do at this point?

Thanks

Have you gone to their site and asked the creator? Like i suggested?

Well Mak, private messages to Patchou are disabled, so I can't ask him directly. Instead, I've posted a thread on the forums, so hopefully I'll get some positive feedback soon.

Have you tried to enable the plugin from windows media player ?
Try to open windows media player > tools > plugins and tick the "Windows Live Messenger Music Plugin"...
Coz i think you just did the "tick" from windows live messenger....

Well Mak, private messages to Patchou are disabled, so I can't ask him directly. Instead, I've posted a thread on the forums, so hopefully I'll get some positive feedback soon.

Hello!

firstly I'm really sorry to necro post but I think I just found a solution to this problem (for iTunes solely, not for WMP)

the way I got it to work was to go to tools>options> UN tick the "show what i'm listening to" check box. apply and OK out of it.

Bring up task manager and in there (even though its not running!) you should find wmplayer.exe yeah, I know you didnt open it right? but its still there.

End task, re-open MSN messenger, tick the box and play a song in iTunes.

See how it goes, works a charm for me and I'm running win 7 RC Build 7100 (15.02.2010) , MSN Messenger Build 14.0.8089.726 and iTunes 9 I might add that Nether iTunes nor MSN have any "add ins" and are completely stock installs. (meaning not changed in any way)

Hope this helps someone, took a while to work it out!

- Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom