Windows Live Messenger - Side-by-side Incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Well, theres only a Beta out so far right? And after they release the full version I'm guessing my Beta will be cut off, which means I can only use it for a little time, am I right?

The Beta is cut off. The RC build will cut off March 2010. It gets released Oct 22nd. There is no upgrade from teh RC to the final.

Oh ok, I see. So right now I can't download the RC it seems...Anyway, I want to ask you something else. I used to run XP on this desktop and then I bought an upgrade package to upgrade to Vista, and I seem to recall when I upgraded from XP to Vista, and when I formatted Vista after upgrading, even if it was a clean format, I seem to recall that all of the data on the hard drive got put into a windows.old folder, which made life easy for me because that meant I wouldn't have to backup anything, just go ahead with a clean install.

Can you verify that the Windows Upgrade DVD (XP to Vista) creates a Windows.old folder in the hard drive and saves all my files and folders in there when making a clean install - and that I can go ahead right now and proceed with a clean install without backing up my data?

Honestly i cant verify that cause i dont and havent used the upgrade Media since Windows 95. I have only used full clean installs. Honestly, you should backup no matter what. What would happen if when someone accessed your machine while you were out and you couldnt get back to the OS at all? Then what?

Expect the unexpected and prepare for the worst cause you never know when it might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom