Windows Live Messenger - Show what I'm listening to is retardedly bugged!! HELP PLEASE! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall Leonhart

Beta member
First off, let me just say I'm new here. :) Hi everyone. I've come here seeking desperate help from this annoying program. x.x

To squash out some details for you all, I have reinstalled Messenger TWICE, Reinstalled MSPLUS, AND YES MY PLUGIN FOR WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER IS TICKED AND SO IS THE SHOW WHAT I"M LISTENING TO IN WINDOWS LIVE OPTIONS.

I know it's not my players. It's this stupid program that just likes to mess up when it feels like it. I can't show what I'm listening to on Windows Media Player, or what I'm watching on Media Player Classic anymore.

My system specs:

Intel Core i7 (950) @ 3.06 OC'd 3.60 Ghz
6GB Corsair Dominator RAM DDR3
EVGA GTX 460 (1GB GDDR5)
ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard
2.5 TB HDD (1x 2 TB & 1x 500GB)

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit.

Thanks in advance for you help! :)

From what I remember, this only works with Windows Media Player that comes with Windows, not Windows Media Player Classic that you have to install separately.

It does work with Media Player Classic. I've used it before and seen it. My girlfriends MSN is working fine. And it's not showing up with either of them....

So it's something wrong with the messenger...

Then the only thing you can do is contact the Live Team here, let them know of the bug and see if they can get a fix out or how you can proceed. I have never gotten it to work with anything other than WMP that comes with Windows. I never got it to work with WinAmp, WMPC or any other media players that I have used. So it could be something with the latest build or it could just be that the Plus addon is causing the issues. Have you tried removing Plus and see if it works then?

Last time I used plus back before it was compatible with the latest versions of the Live Messenger it worked, but I know it took them quite some time to get it compatible with the latest versions. So it could be that it is something with that program that has caused this. I have not used Messenger in some time so I could very well be wrong. But going to the Live Forums could provide some insight, but most likely they will say that it is the Plus addon that is causing it since they dont support 3rd party plugins. So you might have to go to the Plus Forums and ask.

Well this problem didn't start happening since... I think they added MSPLus for Skype or something.. I could see if it works without MSPlus, I'll do it right now.

EDIT: I just uninstalled Messenger Plus and it's STILL not working.

....Jesus Christ Microsoft -__-

I might like to add for some reason Windows Live Messenger automatically makes it open as ADMIN, even if the option is ticked off, and I don't know how to fix that either...

UPDATE!

I fixed the issue! The stupid thing changed it's compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3, when it shoulda been Vista SP 2. It's working like a charm now! Thanks for your help though guys! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom