Windows Live Messenger Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Got the email yesterday and got it downloaded and installed.

Dear MSN Butterfly, Okay, we're ready for you. You can now download and start testing the new beta version of MSN® Messenger, which will now be called Windows LiveTM Messenger. NOTE: The button below will take you to Ideas.live.com. This is required in order to get access to the software. You may encounter a couple of issues with the Ideas page as you go to download the software.
Its nice. Only a bit different from 7.5 aside from all the extra goodies that they have. Ability ot call a phone (Via provider), file sharing folder and a few other goodies.
Ability to change the color is also nice.

Link to what SB? The download? Cant do that. Have to be a Beta tester to sign into the site.

I've been using thie a while. The only bad thing was you need to download a proxy so it can sign in, very nice though

Warez Monster said:
I've been using thie a while. The only bad thing was you need to download a proxy so it can sign in, very nice though

Why do you need a proxy? I open my msn messenger and it told me that I need to update to continue on and it downloaded windows live messenger. I dug in my temp file and found this. I'm assuming that it's windows live messenger (it says msn messenger on the dowload link)

From rapidshare

Your file msg2AE.exe (12285152 Bytes) has been uploaded by someone else already. The filename may differ

http://rapidshare.de/files/8929962/Install_Messenger_Beta.exe.html

The reson you have to use a proxy is because unless you are in the beta or are invited to it you cant sign in on WLM. They use a different code ro something to sign in. Something changed. Also this is different than the leaked version. I tried that and this is definately better. More options and things work.

it keep shutting the proxy off. should I uninstall it and install the proxy 1st?

Are you trying to minimize it because it wont go to your system tray unless you get a program called power menu. If you close it, it will kick you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom