Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Leaks - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Leaks

It seems someone over in Redmond let the cat out of the bag today, the next version of has leaked to the web.

So far, the only noticeable change to version 8.5 is the completely redesigned "A-la-skin. No other new features have yet been discovered.

There is still a debate over whether or not this is a genuine leak, or if it is simply a re-skinned WLM 8.1 (As we have seen in the past. April Fools?) We can tell you however, that the installer is Digitally Signed by Microsoft. So that does significantly reduce the odds that this is a fake build.

View: Screenshots
View: Apply for the Beta Program
In-House

Old 05-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Re: Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Leaks

If you canít wait to use the upcoming Windows Live Messenger 8.5 you could try and download the leaked version of it which is not official of course. The language of the leaked Live Messenger 8.5 is Spanish but you could download the English language file as well to change the language to English.
The program itself got a complete new user interface better suited for Windows Vista plus additional changes which have not been announced yet. Windows Plus users should download the msimg32.dll and place it in the appropriate directory to add plus functionality again. Not everything will be working though as of now.
I would probably make at least a complete backup of my system before I would install this leaked version. The above version appears to be without the adware that was added by the initial leaker. You should still scan the downloaded files before you execute any of them.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Sounds like to much hassle. But thanks for the info, I will be using the official one when it comes out.

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yea i think id rather wait for the actual release...any word on when its supposed to drop
Old 05-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
Old 05-30-2007, 04:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
PeugeotEnthusiast

Send a message via MSN to NayNay1991x

Allways Something New... I Participated .. and Thanks for the Rapidshare Link, Warez