Windows Live Messenger 2011 - Image link window expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
In the new WLM, when I send an image link to a friend, the window expands to the right and shows a preview of the image.

Now, this is really annoying to me, and I don't have any use for it. Is there any way to disable this "feature"?

Thanks!

It's called photosharing. Both you can easily transfer pictures in the same share, if you wanna send files, you should click send files, and select a picture, should transfer the old way.

Oh I know that, but I don't want to transfer anything, I just want to send them a link to look at, and not have it expand my window for "photo-sharing"

Yeah, I have the same problem. Well, not problem - 'feature'. It's very annoying :|

Another thing I hate is the "smartscreen" filter for links. They all go through the MSN servers, which breaks a lot of sites, as they think I am hotlinking to their site.

Yea, I am starting to have a few annoyances... I still can't access my ****** email since this whole 2011 b/s came out, can't access any of my 4 msn accounts via live mail, and visiting the hotmail site eats what little bandwidth i have, which I try to avoid.

In the new WLM, when I send an image link to a friend, the window expands to the right and shows a preview of the image.

Now, this is really annoying to me, and I don't have any use for it. Is there any way to disable this "feature"?

Thanks!

Don't think you can remove this 'feature' lol. It's built in without an option to disable. It's also available for sharing videos as well, so you don't have to open Youtube to watch a vid, it just opens right beside you chatting area. This is only for people with 2011 though, if you sent a link to a person with an older version, only you see it expand and the other person will have to click the link.

Don't think you can remove this 'feature' lol. It's built in without an option to disable. It's also available for sharing videos as well, so you don't have to open Youtube to watch a vid, it just opens right beside you chatting area. This is only for people with 2011 though, if you sent a link to a person with an older version, only you see it expand and the other person will have to click the link.

Ugh, that's the worst part of it. Why does MSN think I want to see the clip that I SENT THEM? I already know what it is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom