Windows live...can I get rid of an update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
So I just turned on my computer and windows live messenger was offering an update, so I accepted and installed it.

Well all I can say is I hate the layout of this latest version, I've changed a few things but ugh it's not the same at all.

Is there anyway I can revert to the version I had before updated to this latest one?

cheers, Joe.

Sadly no. Microsoft has disabled the earlier versions from being able to connect to the service. So you either use the latest version or switch to Pidgin or Trillian.

Trillian FTW! one program that let's my IM but doesn't do anything else that I don't want. ;)

Sadly no. Microsoft has disabled the earlier versions from being able to connect to the service. So you either use the latest version or switch to Pidgin or Trillian.

hmm odd, so if I had declined that update just now my version would have suddenly stopped functioning?

My main gripes are the general scheme, the fact your display image and other such info is now on the left in the convo window AND because I have over 99 emails the tab to take me to them just says 99+, the old one always said the whole number, thus I'd notice a change. Also for some reason clicking the tab won't sign me into my windows live email address inbox straight away, I have to enter my pass then see some dumb what's new page to get to my inbox.

Is this Trillian any good then, is it compatible with those who are using windows live?

EDIT: OOOO compatible it be! and...it looks sexy. Trillian baby your installing as we speak, gtfo windows messenger....

OH WOW! Thanks for the recommendation! This thing rocks! Trillian FTW indeed!

LOL.. I had to Google FTW.. I thought it meant the older meaning.. I was like wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom