windows key stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
I had been using my Windows XP for awhile now, and its been running very nicely on my computer.

Just an hour ago, i noticed that the Windows activation keys came up, and said that my key was stolen or used by another PC, etc.

Did somebody steal my product key? What should i do in the next 30 days?

activation.jpg

Well first i would call M$ Tech Support. Tell them the situation and see what they have to say. It could be that your key was stolen. It imght also have been that the key was reported as stolen. There are so many things that it could be. But basically call them and get it re-activated.

Well, i just emailed Microsoft's piracy team, and explained my situation, so i hope they're helpful in the end...

According to the error message, i have exceeded the number of times i can use the key??! I though it was unlimited times, as long as it's on the same PC.

Re:

Hello,

Same here. I had to format a week ago and installed a legal copy of Windows XP.

I was able to commence the installation using the Product ID on my Certificate Of Authenticity (stuck on the PC), but when it came to activating it, it said that my Product ID was not valid, not found in the database.

Had to activate using the telephone, but automation said it was invalid too. Then a support rep. finally managed to verify that my OS was genuine (after telling him my version of Windows XP was a Pre-Installed OEM copy from HP).

But then a week later, I get a message in XP saying 'Hardware had changed significantly over the past 3 days and you will need to re-activate Windows XP'...!!! :mad: . Then when I tried activating by typing my Product ID again, it said I had exceeded the limit which I can attempt to use the key.

Telephoned yet again, automation said it was invalid, and same happened...support rep. only managed to validate my copy when I told her that it was a Pre-Installed OEM version.

...A problem there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom