Windows keeps randomly crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Row

In Runtime
ok well this is a long stroy so i'll try to explain everthing clearly.

a while ago my computer started randomly freezing. the screen would just stay still and not the mouse nor the keyboard (or ctrl+alt+del) worked. it only happened once every now and then. but it bacame more and more frequent. then I started getting the blue screen ( the one that usually states errors and then crashes your comp) it did mention that hardware was causing it.

so i decided to format my comp and reinstall windows. so i did. but evrytime i tried it would crash about 33 mins ito the actual installation. at this poin i began testing my hardware. i changed my graphics card twice and i removed my network card i also removed the tv card that was in there. nothing fixed. so now im at a loss for ideas can anyone suggest anything.

well no i didn't hear any clicking but i wasn't listening for it.
and i've already formatted so im unable to use windows programs, or is memtest a program i can run from startup

post to "stop" error code you get at the BSOD that may tell all. quite often i find its to do with the device drivers.

Rich97 said:
post to "stop" error code you get at the BSOD that may tell all. quite often i find its to do with the device drivers.

that seems like a good idea but when im installing it just freezes it doesn't bring up the blue screen

and bradybnmci could you give me a link as to where i can download memtest (it is open-source right?)

His specs are in his sig.

Try formatting again (Use FDISK, its bootable), and then try installing windows/

ok well after an annoying week we figured out it was the motherboard so we changed it but for some reason after about 6-7 hours i rebooted and it hit me with the blue screen but this time the screen stays so i was able to note down the code. but where do i post it to?

maybe your video card isnt good enough for xp. i dont know the requirements, but my screen goes slow sometimes with my 64MB card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom