windows just installed computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankity

Baseband Member
I just put in a new harddrive, took out my old one, and installed windows on the new one.... i left it installing when i came back it shows the black screen that shoes up right before booting and it says "a disc read error has occurred! press ctrl-alt-dlt" or somehting like that...

i tried restarting with the boot disc out,...

what do i do>?

yes i do,

also the boot order is
floppy
armd-hdd
ide-hdd
atami cdrom
[whats armd-hdd, that was never enabled as anything in the order of booting before\]

move the armd-hdd after the IDE hard drive thats your problem. your computer is trying to boot to armd and its most likely not there and thats what failing. once you change the order it will boot and finish the install.

i tried that still same result...should i put the cdrom before those 2...even though when itried that it just starts setup agian...

do this

King X13 said:
move the armd-hdd after the IDE hard drive thats your problem. your computer is trying to boot to armd and its most likely not there and thats what failing. once you change the order it will boot and finish the install.

then this

EricB said:
after you take armd-hdd out of the boot order, reinstall windows

then post back. I'm too tired to explain while it will work right now

okay so i reinstalled....
so i see the setup finishes it says "restarting system"
so then it restarts

"press any key to boot from disc..."
if i dont press anything the disc error pops up again... if i do then i jus have option to install again....

after it finishes install waht should i make the boot order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom