Windows just go mad somtimes?! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to psman
Talking Windows just go mad somtimes?!

Hello ..
I just Had enough of this problem If I cant find a solution soon Im going mad

Sometimes just when I think that every thing is going fine any program can stop responding (even explorer) i cant use start menue sometimes i cant even use task manager. even i i can open it i cant end the stuck program.
sometimes it happend after hours of work sometimes just after desktop loads . Its not a virus or somthing Im fully protected from that stuff I just think its some Kind of SP2 bugs or incompatibility with my Hardwares or softwares,
I had this problem in my previous windows and Im having it again after system reinstall (@ first it just worked fine)
I wont make it longer but if any one has any useful hint ill be happy to try it because i just tried every thing i know

Old 04-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Sometimes just when I think that every thing is going fine any program can stop responding (even explorer) i cant use start menue sometimes i cant even use task manager. even i i can open it i cant end the stuck program.
Have you scanned your system for any adware or spyware on this machine. Is your AV definiations up-to-date? Press control + alt + delete to bring up the Windows task manager click on the tab that says performance what does the CPU usage say? Also, click on start go to run and type sfc /scannow and press enter. When done reboot PC.

Old 04-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Iantosca

Scan your computer, see what the deal is with what slackware05 suggested.

If none of that works, do a complete format and reinstall windows.

If that doesn't work, you may have a hardware problem.

And if that doesn't work, I suggest switching OS's.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I wouldnt uninstall and reinstall the Windows XP on this PC. I would simply un-install SP2 if you think thats whats causing your issue. (i wouldnt uninstall service packs personally) Second, I would recommend using System Restore and pick a date before you had these promblems with your PC. To do this, click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. Reboot PC when done.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to psman

Its not a spyware or virus issue I use Kaspersky (I think its the best) the cpu usage is =~ 0 % when the pc is idel so its not somekind of virus action..
To "antosca" I already reinstalled windows .@ first the problem dissapeared for about 2months and then just showed up again
so reinstalling again wont help
Closed Thread