Windows Installer Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lm4Hb

Solid State Member
Whenever I try to install a program, I get an error message like "1607: unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime", and then the installation terminates. Solutions would be great. Thanks.

I could not get any of the solutions to work. I tried Fixes 2,3,6, 7, and 8, but they did not work (4 does not apply). Fix 1 did not work because I could not successfully install ISScript8.Msi, because "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed...". Fix 5 did not solve the problem after I installed Windows Installer 3.0. Fix 9 did not work because whenever I clicked "Computers" under Component Services, the app closed.

Try this:

iTunes for Windows XP

Problem: Error 1607 during installation. Installation fails.
Solution: Decrypt your users home folder.
Detailed Steps:
Open "C:\Documents and Settings\".
Right click the folder with your username on it and select properties.
Click on the "Advanced" button.
Remove the check mark from the "Encrypt contents to secure data" box and click "OK".
Click "OK" in the properties dialog box.
A "Confirm Attribute Changes" dialog box will appear. Make sure the option to "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files" is selected, and click "OK".
Reinstall iTunes.
If you are still having trouble, try repeating this procedure on all the individual folders in "C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\".

I tried this for all of the folders. However, the check box way grayed out, i.e. I could not click on the box at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom