Windows installation will not start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizzard1200

Baseband Member
Ok well I recently built a very basic budget machine perfect for browsing the web and playing simple shockwave games. I was using a copy of windows and had to reinstall and dump the Hard Disk because that annoying 30 day activation crap ran out so on my way to reknew it it would not allow it the board and processor seem to be working I know this because its showing some frequency and activity of it under the pc health status under the main board but when the windows install boots up it loads all of the crap up and the screen that normally appears that says press enter to install windows now doesnt show it just sets at the setup is loading windows screen can any body help. If this is even relevant info. for solving this problem but I have an 80 gig wd hard drive in it IDE 512 ram pc2100 and the hard disk is good ive run scan disk on it many times and the reports show no errors. I have to correct my self from earlier the setup refused to load after attempting to install "A linux" on it the install was not sucesful and now the install to windows wont load all the way so I dont even get to the press enter to install windows screen the machine wont load that it just sets there on idle

preform a low level format using Powermax to completely clear the hard drive then try booting to the setup cd.

PMed on AIM

trying:
windows xp boot floppies
verifying good IDE connections
testing RAM
Bad video

any other suggestions are open.

Problem Solved

Bad Video Card caused it to not get past the startup phase of the OS cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom