windows installation files

pachicoo

Solid State Member
hi guys need to know how to get rid of windows installation file. acutlly i have isntalled new window on harddrives connect the pc which was runing already windows. after that now the problem is that when i start pc it always ask me to select the window to want to run. i have disconected the second harddrive which i installed the new window now the problem is that the installtion files are in the main system and how to get rid of them

hi guys need to know how to get rid of windows installation file. acutlly i have isntalled new window on harddrives connect the pc which was runing already windows.

Reboot your computer with the other hard drives containing the windows 7 partition.
When starting up into windows post, hit F8, you will come across a screen where you had prevoius windowd 7 installation installs.
Pick the one that is currently active and hit f8, choose to boot into safe mode.
Next you boot into and login to your account as the admin.
Click the windows orb and choose msconfig, look at your startup items and find the one that may os or systems.
You should see a list of windows 7 entry, choose the ones that is not active and you plan not to use anymore and delete.
Save the settings and reboot for the final time, whichever hard drive may have had the last windows 7 install, make sure to do a full format.
That way you know its gone, your drive will be ready to be slaved as a data back up storage device or doing other things for linux distros.

thnx buddy for ur replay but my window is windows xp

I hate to ask of this you, but you can please grab the windows xp setup disk and redo the reinstall ?

We're going to attempt a full format and clean install of windows.
If you have your files backed up, go ahead and get started, it will take less than 35 minutes for everything to complete.
You should not be seing that problem again, not unless you have another partition on your machine with windows or linux still active.

Matter of fact, go to my computer and tell me which opti-drives are there and any hdd's if any are attached. ;)

Back
Top Bottom