Windows Installation Blank/Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthSoul

Beta member
Ok, so. I was installing windows XP, everything went fine, That blue screen showed up, I did all the settings.. While it was formatting the drive, (i selected NTFS Quick) I went away from my screen for a few minutes to get a drink and a few other things.. I came back, it was a black screen. I thought, maybe something was loading. So I went away, did a few things, Checked on it AGAIN and still a black screen >.< I am pretty sure I did nothing wrong. I was installing this on a brand new hard drive I just got. It is a "Maxtor STM3160212A 160GB DiamondMax20 ATA 2MB Cache - OEM". When I booted up the PC it detected it and everything seemed fine, and beforehand I tried out to see if an older hard drive worked that had 98 installed on it and that was fine. Now I just went down, still a blank/black screen. Nothing on it.

Anyone else experienced this? I could really use some help as i'd like to get this computer up and running tonight.

Thanks,

-- Stealth.

I've done a few things like, The jumper is in the right thing and stuff.
When I try and boot up the PC now, it doesn't get as far as it did.

Maybe if I format it outside of the windows installation, It could work? It now gets blank screen before the blue screen on which windows installs >.< How do I format outside of it?

Also I have an external hard drive thing on THIS pc. Is there a way to use this PC to install windows onto that hard drive? Maybe it will work that way? I have plugged it in, there is 2 partitions and 500mb worth of windows stuff installed which I believe is incomplete >.< if I erase this could I start windows install again on the other PC?

I hope you can help I will be on these forums for a while trying ideas people suggest..

Thanks -- Stealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom