windows install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

souschef

Baseband Member
I have formated my drive and attempted an install of xp.

During the install I get a couple messages. Can not load installer for floppy drive, cd-rom drive, and battery. After I enter though those messages. It installs for a bit more, then I get a message that system cannot be installed. It lets me continue anyways, when setup says it will complete in 1 minute it stops. It is frozen during "removing any temporary files used".

Oh I also had an error for can not install driver for modem, but I took the modem out since I don't need it.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I wanted to try and install 98 and then up grade to xp to see if that works, but 98 floppy isn't booting the pc for some reason.

Some more information.

I found a setup log:

Error: setup detected taht the system file named [c:\windows\system32\bthserv.dll] is not signed properly by microsoft. This file could not be restored to teh correct Microsoft version. Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

What is the SFC utility?

sfc /scannow is a system file checker.

are you sure the cd in good? have you tried it in another system? Try a diff cd drive if you have one or swap it with another

I am not sure if the disk is in fact ok, but is has barely been out of the folder it came in so unless it was a factory defect it should be ok.

But get this, I dug up another copy of XP this one without service pack two and the installation went fine. So for whatever reason my pc must not like sp2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom