windows instalation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir

Beta member
im having problems with installing both my windows ME and windows XP , the XP right at the start tells me that there is an error and that instalation cannot be proceeded.. with my win ME ,the files are normally installed but when windows is "setting up hardware" and "finalizing the instalation" it gives me the following error "cmdninst has caused an error in SETUPX.DLL" , also a fille spool32 .. i had a hard disk with some bad clusters,so i thought its the problem, i bought a new one, made the partitions and formated it,when i tried 2 install winMe i got the same errors, i dont know if my problem is hardware , bcoz i've installed winme from that cd before and its not damaged..
i dont know whats the prbolem, so can u help me please?? at least does anyone know if its a hardware or software problem and what haedware would it be ??
thanks

are theses oem , retail, or burnt copies of the OS ?

...YOUR RAM COULD BE BAD, Google ramtest86, sorry can not find the link for you now

What kind of drive is it. Is it SATA drive? if it is then you will need to go in to the BIOS and chage the SATA setting. I had a simular problem and that was the issue. Is you new hard drive set up as the Master?

I really don't think that it is a memory issue.

First, make sure your system meets the system requirements for XP.

Then, use the Microsoft memory diagnostic to check your RAM.

Open your case and check your motherboard for blown capacitors. (In case you don't already know this - the capacitors are the cylinders on the motherboard. The end should be flat. If it is domed or burnt-looking, it is blown.)

SATA?? i dont know what it is :( .. the cd is not original its burnt ,but it worked normally before .. thanks for ur help ill check out the rams and the hard disk (master/slave)

i searched and searched for ramtest86 , but i couldnt find it :(
can anybody help me with a link ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom