Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working: DESPERATE FOR HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianodude76

Beta member
Okay, so I've been an unhappy user of Windows Vista for nearly two years now. Aside from having to put up with a disk check every time I boot up my computer (anybody know why this is?), the worst problem is MY COMPUTER HAS NO SOUND! The speakers work fine; that I know. It beeps every time there is an error (which is ALOT).

I have tried to reactivate windows sound service on my computer, but every single time I try it comes up with an error. The infamous Windows host process (rundll32) has stopped working. This has been this way for about four months now and I'm really put up with it. My dad (the administrator of the computer) doesn't give a *(expletive)* about how poorly our computer runs, and whenever I try to fiddle around with it he won't even type in the admin password for stuff.

Well I finally figured the password out, so access to any part of the computer is open to me, but anything that I have to pay for is not. I can't pay to install any of that amazing "just press this" software (such as Regcure) because I don't have paypal or anything.

I have tried that thing where you go to 'msconfig' and manually check and see which program is causing the problem (that process where you have to restart your computer 3 dozen times) and it doesn't have anything to do with any of those programs. It has nothing to do with Nero. That isn't installed on the computer.

I have not read about anyone online who has the same exact situation I have (the sound doesn't work cause of the bug), so I'm really hoping I can find somebody who can help me out here. I seriously need the help, I can't do this by myself. But step-by-step instructions would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S.- My computer is an HP Pavillion dv9000 (the biggest piece of crap computer I have ever owned)

Have you checked the Device Manager to make sure that the sound drivers are even installed? That would be the first step. Making sure that all the devices have proper drivers.

From there go through our Spyware Guide. Much better and more efficent than any of those pay per use spyware programs that pop up. Cause that is all they are.

That rundll32 is hooked into many processes. to narrow it down we need to make sure that all drivers are up to date from the HP site, you have all updates and SP1 installed.

Have you checked the Device Manager to make sure that the sound drivers are even installed? That would be the first step. Making sure that all the devices have proper drivers.

From there go through our Spyware Guide. Much better and more efficent than any of those pay per use spyware programs that pop up. Cause that is all they are.

That rundll32 is hooked into many processes. to narrow it down we need to make sure that all drivers are up to date from the HP site, you have all updates and SP1 installed.

All of the drivers are up to date. I just checked. What exactly am I looking for in that spyware guide and which one should I download?

You should download the one for your Operating System and go through it. you mention Vista so i would go with that one. This will clean your system of any software that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom