Windows Home Server protection?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaaxx

Baseband Member
Hey guys,
I've been having some trouble getting files from a hard drive.

I left to work a couple of days back, taking out my hard drive in my Windows Home Server computer and plugging it into an external hard drive casing.

Now the problem is, I can access the shared folders and the files within them. I can also watch the movies from the hard drive but i cannot copy anything from the hard drive onto my windows computer, it does work on my mac but it does not open (winrar files say the format is unknown or damaged) also video files seem to have this problem, they wont open in windows for example and converting them is an absolute NO.

I've scanned the hard drive using Kaspersky and iAntivirus on mac because someone told me that this may have been caused by a virus.
I think windows home server protects its files..what do you think?

How can I solve this rather irritating problem?

Thanks all,
MAXX

I am running MAC OS X on my own laptop and windows vista on vmware. i have also tried a windows xp professional computer;)

thanks

What is the format of the drive? fat32 or ntfs?
NTFS isn't natively supported on Macs, and you'll need to install third party software.

NTFS-3G
That software will allow your Mac to use the drive properly, give it a shot.

Of course, all this is assuming you ARE in fact running an ntfs drive...

yes the drive is formatted as NTFS, i will give this a try;)
thanks a lot,

EDIT:
I have installed NTFS-3G but it still does not allow me to extract files or convert movies on mac, dmg files do not open either...
I seriously think this is a security issues by windows home server as I cannot even copy the files off the hard drive onto windows xp professional or anything for that matter.

I appreciate the help,

MAXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom