Windows Home OEM - Reactivate (how?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
I've got a network of 32 computers, all with Windows XP Home OEM editions, SP2, etc. But only one license is deployed on one computer, and the rest are just "cloned"..

The master copy/pc is activated, and updated with the latest windows update.

Question is, how do I

1) CHANGE THE PRODUCT KEY
2) MAKE WINDOWS REACTIVATE

I've scoured google already and there are lots of instructions on how to do this but none seem to work.

like for example:
Change the Windows XP Key - How To Change the Windows XP Product Key Code

i did that, but when i try to call the activation interface, it simply states
"Windows is already activated. Click ok to exit"

pls help

why would you want to reactivate it?

for legal reasons.. i've deployed all the clones ACTIVATED.. but we've decided to ACTIVATE all our licenses per unit so that it is fully owned by us. coz right now we've got 32 boxes of winxphome licenses, with only 1 being used and ACTIVATED. We were advised to get everything activated and running on each unit for legalities..

(there's been lots of BSA / Microsoft raids around here and it's getting pretty scary)

rock xp or manual activation
any more details on that?

i tried manual via

oobe/msoobe /a

command line but it simply says it's already activated.

for legal reasons.. i've deployed all the clones ACTIVATED.. but we've decided to ACTIVATE all our licenses per unit so that it is fully owned by us. coz right now we've got 32 boxes of winxphome licenses, with only 1 being used and ACTIVATED. We were advised to get everything activated and running on each unit for legalities..

(there's been lots of BSA / Microsoft raids around here and it's getting pretty scary)

any more details on that?

i tried manual via

oobe/msoobe /a

command line but it simply says it's already activated.

I wouldn't worry about it. hp, dell and compaq use your method to install windows then they slap a different serial on the computer.

rock xp will let you change your serial. google it

I wouldn't worry about it. hp, dell and compaq use your method to install windows then they slap a different serial on the computer.

well yeah later on i do plan to simply use one image for all computer w/o the hassle of modifying the keys.. i'll just slap the different xp stickers on each computer.

however, i still need to ACTIVATE all our licenses to OUR credentials to make the licenses legally OURS.. coz right now they're all SEALED. Because unless the licenses are activated, it's still not legally ours.... right? (i could be completely wrong on this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom