windows Help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Thumbs down windows Help

i have installed windows xp like 4 times now and i keep it keeps coming up with a error message about the registry i have ran registry mechanic and other registry cleaning program and nothing has worked so i need some much needed help because my computer is running like a piece of crap

Old 07-27-2005, 03:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

Is there any specific errors that come up? Does this happen during the install? Or does XP install ok and this comes up right when it boots into windows?

Old 07-27-2005, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Look that is the messenger service ads spyware. There is no problem it is not true. You are fine.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 07-28-2005, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

i have had no problem in the past i installed xp on another computer and it worked fine it has messanger and everything it installs fine then it come up with the errors when the computer is on i have ran antispywars registry mechanics and system tools and everything i just reinstalled windows and it did it before i even installed anything so whats up should i just wipe my hard drive clean and then install it or what?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

No....

That is Windows Message Service if you want to in MSCONFIG and disable it. Please trust me your computer is fine all XP versons have windows messenger service turned on by defualt normally when you update it the messages go away but sometimes they don't it's best just to type msconfig in the "run" on the start menu and disable the messenger service.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 07-28-2005, 04:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

If you need authentication, Tylers statement is true. This is a very common problem. If you have a fresh install of windows, people take advantange of your lowered security settings and send you stuff like this.
I recommend the following actions.
1) Make sure that you are on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (if not upgrade).
2) Install Microsoft AntiSpyware (from www.microsoft.com)
3) Perform a scan of your computer and resolve any problems that you may find.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

well i have been having trouble installing sp2 because it says my product key is invalid so it won't install but disabling messenger did work so thank u for that!! so if u know anyway to get a new product key or anyhting that will work please reply
Old 07-28-2005, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Yeah I do, you go to microsoft.com and buy a new one... Why is your Key invalid?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Techie

i have no clue why it is invalid i had it on my other computer and i was able to install sp2 but now it doesn't work

Closed Thread