windows Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug420

Baseband Member
i have installed windows xp like 4 times now and i keep it keeps coming up with a error message about the registry i have ran registry mechanic and other registry cleaning program and nothing has worked so i need some much needed help because my computer is running like a piece of crap:mad:

Is there any specific errors that come up? Does this happen during the install? Or does XP install ok and this comes up right when it boots into windows?

Look that is the messenger service ads spyware. There is no problem it is not true. You are fine.

i have had no problem in the past i installed xp on another computer and it worked fine it has messanger and everything it installs fine then it come up with the errors when the computer is on i have ran antispywars registry mechanics and system tools and everything i just reinstalled windows and it did it before i even installed anything so whats up should i just wipe my hard drive clean and then install it or what?

No....

That is Windows Message Service if you want to in MSCONFIG and disable it. Please trust me your computer is fine all XP versons have windows messenger service turned on by defualt normally when you update it the messages go away but sometimes they don't it's best just to type msconfig in the "run" on the start menu and disable the messenger service.

If you need authentication, Tylers statement is true. This is a very common problem. If you have a fresh install of windows, people take advantange of your lowered security settings and send you stuff like this.
I recommend the following actions.
1) Make sure that you are on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (if not upgrade).
2) Install Microsoft AntiSpyware (from www.microsoft.com)
3) Perform a scan of your computer and resolve any problems that you may find.

well i have been having trouble installing sp2 because it says my product key is invalid so it won't install but disabling messenger did work so thank u for that!! so if u know anyway to get a new product key or anyhting that will work please reply

i have no clue why it is invalid i had it on my other computer and i was able to install sp2 but now it doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom