windows hangs up

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigmaster

Solid State Member
I'm having this pretty weird problem lately where my computer has been freezing up. Not freezing up in the sense that I am used to, my mouse still moves, and my keyboard still responds to CTRL + ALT+ DEL. However, it only responds to CTRL+ALT+DEL, nothing else, and it brings up the task manager. And my mouse moves around, but it is unable to highlight anything when it goes over it or respond to anything I click on.

I've noticed it does this after 3 things in particular (probably more, just these are the ones that I have repeated).
I first noticed it when I was trying to upgrade Firefox to the newest version. It also does it when I try to uninstall certain things (agian the one that comes to mind is firefox). And the third is when I use any of my multimedia keys on my keyboard, suchas mute, or volume up/down.

And when I hit my power button to turn the computer off, it still goes through all of the proper shut down process.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

erm , i have a similar problem when i have about a million IE windows open and aload of other progs
If i click real hard and keep it down for a log time it usually works , however i still havent found a solution ( i think i need an upgrade you might say , yes i agree :p)

that's a good point. The fact is, when CTRL+ALT+DEL is hit I can still see what the task maanger says. And it shows that there is no extra CPU usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom