Windows Going INCREDIBLY Slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncraig

Solid State Member
So I just got a new ASUS SLi mobo, and a eVGA 7800GTX, and I put it together. I get video and everything and the computer loads up fine...until it gets to windows, now when it gets to windows it takes foreverrrrrr to load. I reinstalled windows and reformatted my HD, but it still goes incredibly slow, I really am confused.

Any suggestions?

yah i got all those updated its still incredibly slow, I managed to download SP1 and SP2 and install them, those took about an hour each just to install.

ps: to give you an idea of how long it takes to run, when it said 26 minutes left to install windows at 10am, at 1pm it said 9 minutes left.

you need to learn how to slipstream. don't install sp1and sp2 as sp2 covers all of sp1 fixes. google aotostreamer to slipstream sp2 onto your xp cd

don't use nvidia chipset driver on their cd. it slows your boot time for faster 64bit performance

ummmm what ram u got? firstly Windows is a memory hog. secondly new video cards are memory hogs. just a guess as you havent said how much ram you have but its worth a try.

Sounds like a driver issue, and are you talking about the computer lagging or internet?

just windows in general, i have installed all the drivers it just doesnt make any sense, the internet wont lag to load just windows and IE and anything will lag to do anything. Like it takes forever just to open a folder

I'm telling you it's the nvidia drivers. things like the sw ide dirvers which suppose to stop the bottlenecking of data. if you reformat with an xp sp2 disc when it's done you probably only need to install only the audio and network drivers in device manager. it will boot faster like this, but as soon as you install the other nvidia drivers (chipset), you will have to put up with the million year boot up.

I have this experience on 4 mobo's in the past years. An Asus AV8, asus 7nx8 (some like that), abit AN8 and my new dfi NF4-DAGF board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom