Windows goes into "BAD_POOL" blue screen after attemtping windows update

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
This started probably about 3-4 days ago, it happened just randomly when my computer had the windows update icon in the corner and i was installing the updates. Then just randomly my computer froze for a good second then went into the blue screen. Which was "BAD_POOL" then the "STOP : 0X0000" error saying i had a hardware or software malfunction.

Anyways i was reading around, and couldn't find much of anything. So i did a windows recovery, reinstalled windows (not completely just recovery) after that everything seemed fine.

After the restore i was left with SP2 and windows explorer 6, so i decided to reupdate them again back to SP3 and windows explorer 7. Upon update, i got SP3 installed but after that, the 20 other updates all concluced with my computer going back into the blue screen.

So now every time i try to update it goes to the bluescreen. Is there a fix for this besides doing all the updates manuallly?

Also i was wondering if maybe someone could explain why and how this is happening.

Thanks, Blue.

One way to keep SP3 and IE 7 on is to go into the add/remove programs and check off the "show all updates" option found there. That will then list all recent updates were you can pick and choose certain recents to be removed one at a time. Once you hit the one causing the problem remember to uncheck that when the small update window appears.

One tip to get around seeing that automatically tossed into the mix is to turn off the automatic updates option and simply go to the Start menu update link there. Then you can go through the list of updates shown to make that particular one is omitted.

Is it Bad_Pool or Bad_Pool_Caller or Bad_Pool_Header? The Stop Error code is also to short. It should read Stop: 0X000000ZZ where ZZ is a alpha numeric code. So you are missing the last 4 in the series.

STOP 0x000000C2 or BAD_POOL_CALLER

A kernel-mode process or driver attempted to perform an illegal memory allocation. The problem can often be traced to a bug in a driver or software. It is also occasionally caused by a failure in a hardware device. You can find detailed debugging instructions for this error in Knowledge Base article 265879, "How to Debug 'Stop 0xC2' or 'Stop 0x000000C2' Error Messages."

Bug Check 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

There is the information on Bad Pool Caller.

Bug Check 0x19: BAD_POOL_HEADER

There is Bad Pool Header

So that can be all the information we can provide. As for a explination there is none. We dont know what you have installed, run, or done with the PC to be able to explain why things happen like they do. There are a million and 1 possibilties. To try and explain each one would take to long.

Something seeing a bad install for sure. All I could do was point a way to isolate which update for what? was seeing that. That could be an optional update for video, sound, another expansion card like tv tuner card, modem, or just about any addon device where an update is available. But like Mak said without more detailed info on the error messages all we can do is make a observations and recommendations without being specific to one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom