Windows Folder at Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraemia

Baseband Member
Hello,

Whenever I start my computer, the WINDOWS folder pops up. What causes this, and how can I disable it?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

Thanks for your quick reply. After running that file, a dialog box titled "Finished" immediately popped up, saying "This script cannot repair your issue. The expected Registry value was not found."

I am not sure what that means. Any idea?

Thanks.

go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup tab, post me a screen shot or click disable all, recheck your antivirus and reboot.

if you are not sure what to uncheck or recheck, post me a screen shot

I think I see your problem in pic 2. See where it says c:\Windows\? Thats what is making it come up.

Now click on disable all

Now go to where is says location, that bar right next to location, put your mouse on it until you can move the bar over to the right to expand the entries and then go back and check everthing that says norton or symantec. Reboot and that folder shouldnt reappear.

Thanks, the Windows Folder no longer appears, but now, the System Configuration Utility appears since I am in a "Selective Startup" mode. When I went back to the Startup tab, many items were selected too. Before restarting, following your suggestion, I only selected Symantec/Norton items (there were 2 I checked).

ok. when that comes up, just put a check mark in the box and click ok and it wont appear the next time you reboot/restart.

If I were you, I would run msconfig cleanup to get rid of all those invalid reg entries that you dont need any more. You will probably notice your system is a little faster since you dont have all those startup items any more. You saud they are checked again right? if so, go back and only leave checked your antivirus, click apply, but dont reboot yet, run msconfig cleanup, click select all, the click clean up selected, now reboot and all those entries will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom